Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Project Controller who is local to Fort McMurray. Youenjoy a dynamic role with responsibilities ranging from hands on accounting (completing journal entries and account reconciliation) through to the development and maintenance of general and cost accounts, preparing timely & accurate financial and management reports, and assisting with the coordination of the forecast and budget process.
Applicants who reside in Fort McMurray will be given preference due to the location of this project. Join our Ledcor team in Fort McMurray today!Responsibilities
- Manages project and business unit related financial inquiries and provides appropriate responses in a timely manner.
- Acts as the key client contact during client audits including delegation of questions and sourcing of information.
- Ensures that Ledcor invoices are properly prepared and submitted to the client in a timely manner.
- Pursues payment collection from client and reports on overdue balances to senior management.
- Ensures that accounts payable, payroll, and equipment elements of the project are being processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Organizes project accounting group to ensure needs of the project and business are being met.
- Discusses any significant active issues with the project accounting team on a regular basis.
- Prepares detailed analysis or review of aspects of the project as may be required.
- Participates in the development of the monthly project forecast as required.
- May perform other related duties as required.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Business degree and / or accounting designation preferred.
- Ability to work both in a team and autonomously.
- Ability to lead, motivate, supervise and encourage other employees.
- Proven ability to understand construction administration and contract commercial terms.
- Intermediate to strong Excel skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of ERP accounting system, preferably JD Edwards.
- Fort McMurray local preferred.
- Travel to different work sites required.
Ledcor Industrial offers an integrated range of services from construction, engineering, and maintenance to pipe fabrication and module assembly. We offer turnkey solutions to our oil and gas clients and have built some of the continent's largest oil and gas projects.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now! Date Posted