Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Designer and Planner of Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) networks, responsible for the planning and design of RF HFC plant, and producing plans and detailed designs for Rogers telecommunication projects. You will be an integral part of the project team and will design networks using a variety of tools, ensuring constructability issues are incorporated into the network designs.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in London, ON today!Responsibilities
- Perform planning and layout of HFC broadband plant, including N+0 reconfigurations and frequency upgrades
- Perform detailed design of RF plant, including signal level and powering design
- Lead projects such as HFC node splits, segmentations and RF plant optimizations
- Support PON (GPON / FTTH) networks extensions
- Lead and mentor junior designers; schedule, review and quality control work of junior team members
- Perform quality control and field checks of construction and inspections
- Read and interpret outside plant records (data, maps, fibre network designs)
- Maintain knowledge of current OSP design principles and industry standards, and perform in compliance with updated Safety Codes,
- Electric Codes, customer practices and procedures
- Conduct site walk for data collection and verification of existing plant conditions, identify constructability issues for preparation of construction drawings.
- Perform system design, create BOM and provide construction quotes
- Collaborate with team members from other divisions to overcome project challenges and issues
- Follow company standards and procedures related to Health & Safety while performing assigned job duties
- Ensure schedule deadlines are adhered to and project deliverables are maintained
- Travel and work on site as required
- 2 - 5 years' experience working within Rogers HFC broadband plant and fiber design
- Graduate from an Engineering program or technical college program (preferably in one of the following areas: civil, electrical/telecommunications) (or equivalent experience)
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in ON is an asset
- Working knowledge of PON or CATV standards and architectures, HFC and PON experience is a must
- Organized and self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Experience with SpatialNet and AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment requirements
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.Date Posted