Full Time Regular Job Summary
Are you a seasoned HR leader looking for a role with a focus on strategic partnering?
As a Senior Human Resources Business Partner for Ledcor's corporate shared services, you will operate as an individual contributor and work with business leaders in an influential partnering role.
You will work closely with the leaders to understand the business strategies and translate them into actionable HR strategies that drive business success. You will leverage the deep subject matter expertise from within our HR team to collaboratively provide high quality HR solutions to our evolving corporate business teams.
You are experienced working in a large, complex corporate environment, and have a strong foundation in tackling complicated business issues through creative problem solving and people solutions.
Ledcor is investing in a multi-year initiative, called HR2020, to provide new HCM technology and an updated HR operating model to support our company's future business growth and development. HR2020 will improve the employee experience at Ledcor through enabling technology and broadened HR service delivery. We have already started on this journey and we are adding expertise as needed to complement our dynamic team. If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team
This is a great opportunity to work with senior leaders in a collaborative, dynamic environment. Join Ledcor's talented Human Resources team in Edmonton, AB. Responsibilities
- Collaborate and work proactively with business leaders, including senior management and individual executives, in the areas of annual workforce planning, succession planning, talent management and leadership coaching
- Facilitate and drive organizational change initiatives by working with the leadership teams to meet organizational goals
- Provide direction, guidance and assistance to leaders on a wide range of human resource issues including: change initiatives, workforce planning, employee relations, conflict resolution, performance and compensation management, employee retention and engagement, and HR policies and programs
- Assess short and long-term business needs of the client group and provide strategic HR direction to the client to meet their operational business requirements
- Collaborate with Ledcor's HR team (e.g. Communities of Expertise, HR Service Centre, etc.) to communicate, facilitate, and/or present HR programs and initiatives to the client group
- Provide direction and leadership in HR project work, such as development of new human resources initiatives for a division or the organization
- Provide ongoing consultation, coaching and advice to business leaders and employees
- 10+ or more years of solid, complex and professional-level generalist human resources experience (i.e. as HR Advisor, Consultant and/or Business Partner)
- Post-secondary education in human resources management; CPHR would be an asset
- Highly developed skills in coaching managers, facilitation, conflict resolution and relationship management
- Proven influencer and collaborator, with the ability to provide guidance and support to business clients, and develop strong interpersonal relationships
- Proven experience working and collaborating with senior business leaders in a consultative capacity, demonstrating strong analytical capabilities
- Highly proficient in all areas of provincial and federal employment law and human rights legislation; familiarity with United States employment law an asset
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business requirements, and to meet the demands of a high-volume portfolio
- Understanding of change management methodologies
- Interest in personal development and keeping current in human resource best practices through external resources and building a strong HR network
- Proactive, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, which demands a high level of energy and commitment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work autonomously, while remaining aligned with HR and Ledcor Group strategies
- Requires approximately 25-30% travel within North America
- Must be eligible to travel in the United States
Our Human Resources (HR) team helps Ledcor's leaders attract and retain our most valuable asset - our people. With expertise in recruitment, employment practices, workplace culture, learning and development, and compensation, the HR team supports the entire lifecycle of our employees. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!