Full Time Regular Job Summary
The Design & Engineering Manager is responsible for leading a team of telecommunications network outside plant designers, drafters, fielders, permit coordinators, aerial coordinators, other third-party conduit coordinators, project assigned GIS analysts and other associated outside plant engineering personnel. The successful candidate willoversee end to end outside plant (OSP) engineering (high level design through permit receipt through red line and as built uploads), delivering the engineering component of the project on time, on schedule, on interval, on budget, on safety, on quality.
This role will also become the primary interface with client organizations, preparing bids, managing activities and providing overall leadership to the team.In addition, the Design & Engineering Manager will conduct final reviews of all completed work by the team to ensure a high level of quality and accuracy of existing underground and civil plant infrastructure is maintained for the addition of proposed OSP network installations.Responsibilities
- Direct supervision of Designers, including performance management and training
- Coordinating with designers to ensure scope of work has been adhered to
- Proposal and estimate preparation, review and costing analysis
- Ensuring scheduled deadlines and project deliverables are maintained for all engineering related assignments
- Managing work to approved budgets and schedules
- Following company standards and procedures related to Health & Safety while performing assigned job duties. Incorporating safety into all aspects of designs
- Quality and safety reviews of outside plant civil design and analysis of underground and pole transition infrastructure
- Providing feedback and collaborating with Design & Engineering Managers for process improvements and procedural changes
- Provides oversight of contract labor management, including developing consistent scope of work requirements, assisting with pricing negotiations and providing approvals for contract labor company selection
- Other duties as required
- 10+ years in the telecommunications or engineering industries
- 5+ years managing engineers or designers
- Experience in design and/or construction of outside plant telecommunication network infrastructure
- Fibre optic or Hybrid Fibre Coax (HFC) network design and construction experience is considered an asset
- Familiar with applicable codes and standards (e.g. CSA)
- Professional engineer status (P.Eng) is considered an asset
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security