Full Time Regular Job Summary
We are seeking an HS&E Coordinator to join our Ledcor Technical Services team in Ottawa, ON. As an HS&E Coordinator, you will be responsible for applying the professional practices required of Health, Safety and Environment professionals at a Ledcor work/project site. You will be required to consistently convey mature professional judgment, be competent in the safety management, system, technical and managerial knowledge required of a HS&E professional with minimal supervision.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains fibre optic networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Responsibilities
- Able to provide independent advice to operations management in Ledcor HS&E program
- Creates clear and timely "Flash Reports"
- Participates in the conduct of detailed, fact based incident management
- Acquires clear competence and understanding in executing Ledcor HS&E program in all types of situations (project start up, duration and close out)
- Able to independently lead TBT and Safety meetings
- Develops and enhances Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Work Practice documents based on existing materials
- Has an understanding of all site, BU or division safety programs, company codes of business conduct, site/BU specific procedures and management systems
- Seeks to understand and meet the demands of various stakeholders, including internal and external clients
- Supports and takes action for operations personnel to meet Ledcor "Leading Indicator" requirements
- Practices attentive and active listening and is skilled at questioning to ensure understanding
- Obtains basic understanding of complementary HS&E functions such as Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health practices
- ~ 2+ years relevant industry Health and Safety experience includingcertifications such as CSO / NCSO / OH&Sin process; must have knowledge of Ontario act, code and regulations
- Action oriented and able to act with customer in mind while delivering HS&E results
- Strong communication skills and competent in communicating with varying levels of employees and stakeholders
- Able to ensure HS&E requirements have been met and able to facilitate others in best practices in the execution of HS&E processes
- Present information and findings in a useful helpful manner
- Follows defined processes and boundaries provided by Ledcor HSE program and relevant OH&S (or equivalent) legislation to be able to make appropriate, timely decisions in consultation with others
- Learns quickly and enjoys challenge of unfamiliar tasks or information
- Gains trust and support of peers with HS&E and Operations
- Pursues matters with drive and urgency to finish (e.g. Doesn't shirk personal responsibility - able to lead operations group in HS&E decision - willing to stand up and be counted)
- Poses valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Office based with travel & site work required
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted