Full Time Regular Job Summary
A successful Laborer will be performing many basic tasks that require physical labor on telecom outside plant construction sites. This position requires physically demanding work in all weather conditions and lifting, shoveling and cleaning up around the work sites.
Join our Ledcor Technical Services team today!Responsibilities
- Completes regular vehicle maintenance checks and associated paperwork
- Keeps crew vehicles consistently clean and organized
- Works with crew members to perform the day's tasks (excavating pits, rod, and rope conduits, placing underground cables in conduits, assisting in directional bore operations, removing and replacing concrete and asphalt, aerial placement activities, etc..)
- Operates equipment and lifts heavy items (up to 50 pounds)
- Reads underground utility locates and ensures safe digging practices are always being adhered to
- Assists in restoring job sites back to their original state
- Maintains a healthy and safe work environment for the crew, the public, the customer, and Ledcor
- May perform other related duties as required
- At least 1 yrs. directly related experience or combination
- Work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification or education program
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to related construction processes
- Proficient in the use of hand tools.
- Ability to operate company vehicles and properly tow/back-up trailers.
- Familiar with current construction practices
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Strong knowledge of construction documents
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders' needs, and identify solutions
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks as needed
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver's abstract and valid full-driver's license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Follow safety policies and procedures and wear the required personal protective equipment required for the job in a safe manner
- Must be able to track and communicate daily production and materials.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet)
- Able to perform work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb ladders, on/off equipment and work from various heights
- Some travel may be required
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security