Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an experienced Hoist Operator who takes pride in safe work practices and want to join the Ledcor team. If you have previous experience in operating within High Rise Construction, then take advantage of the opportunity!
Ledcor offers long-term career potential with a strong track record of internal advancement throughout the company. Join the Ledcor Buildings Group in Vancouver and across the lower mainland. Responsibilities
- Operate a personnel hoist including lowering, raising, or moving personnel, materials, and equipment throughout the site.
- Documenting daily safety checks on hoist equipment and cables as required by management and WorkSafe BC.
- All operators are expected to be extremely helpful to trades & act in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Maintains a close watch of the hoist during operation and report any mechanical or operational defects to a supervisor
- As a key member of our construction teams, hoist operators are expected to remove garbage, cleanup, and aid in general labour work when the hoist is not in active operation.
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections, completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, and logs and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment
- Ensures the safety of the crew, equipment, and environment
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Must possess current Personnel Hoist & Construction Elevator Operator ticket.
- Coordination and manual dexterity
- Positive demeanor when dealing with sub trades.
- Presentable demeanor when dealing with owners and other stakeholders.
- Punctual, reliable, dependable and self-motivated
- The ability to work at heights
- Suited for outdoor work
- The ability to lift [50lbs]
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- First Aid Ticket is an asset.
- Able to commute to any of our site locations throughout the Metro Vancouver area
- Committed to ensuring a safe workplace
- Work as a team player with fellow co-workers, sub trades and consultants
- Typical 5 days a week. 6 days when required
- Overtime may be required to meet construction deadlines
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions; often in noisy conditions
- Various Safety training provided by CLAC Union and by Ledcor
- Extended health benefits (prescription drugs, dental and other coverages)
- Group BC Medical coverage and matching RRSP program
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects - of all sizes - across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!