Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an experienced in coordinating training programs and enjoy project work. As the Employment and Training Coordinator, you will be responsible for day-to-day coordination and facilitation regarding recruitment, onboarding and training requirements for field-based hourly and salaried workers. This includes new and existing hires from local, regional and Indigenous communities. The ability to successfully engage local and Indigenous workers in the area in and around the project is central to the position.
This position is a project based contract role. The location is in Edmonton, AB with travel to Valemount and Blue River, BC.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to have an impact on local, regional and Indigenous communities, then this opportunity is for you. Join the Ledcor Pipeline team today! Come join our Pipeline group today!Responsibilities
- Identify committed individuals for training, monitor participants progress, and make referrals for project employment.
- Engage with the Indigenous Community, Client Representatives, and local community reps to identify potential candidates and analyze training requirements.
- Serve as an information hub for requests and updates on work and training opportunities, and worker status.
- Coordinate and collect monthly data.
- Engage with onsite management and subcontractors to continually update training providers list, gain feedback on new worker performance, and record new, upcoming job openings.
- Communicate regularly and attend meetings withHuman ResourcesField Representative, Indigenous Liaison and the Manager of Community and Stakeholder Relations. Communicate regularly with education and training organizations, and funders.
- Source funding institutions and prepare or assist the Project and applicants with proposals.
- Connect with Indigenous organizations, industry partners, unions and educational institutions to leverage existing training programs.
- Identify additional training opportunities that may be required to reduce barriers to employment.
- Champion and review the effectiveness of the close to qualified and on-the-job training programs.
- Coordinate and continually update worker training schedules.
- AssistHuman Resourcesin performing onboarding tasks.
- Other duties as may be assigned, from time to time.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Communications or Adult Education is an asset.
- 10+ years' experience with stakeholder relations, Indigenous relations or government & public affairs.
- Previous experience working on complex project initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders in a matrix environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to write effectively and present information to different audiences.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proactive, self-directed and results oriented.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol requirements.
- Site based position.
- Ability to travel extensively to various communities impacted by the project.
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!