Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an experienced Environmental Professional who enjoys project work. As the Environmental Coordinator, you will be responsible for the development of the Construction Environmental Management Plan, implementation of mitigation measures, and compliance of the project to all relevant permits and approvals. You will provide advice and recommendations to the Project Manager regarding potential environmental risk and solutions for risk mitigation.
Come join our True Blue team in Kitimat today!Responsibilities
- Performs environmental impact monitoring and analyzes results.
- Develops and implements appropriate mitigation measures.
- Conducts field reporting and record keeping on behalf of both the client and the project management team, adhering to regulatory compliance as required.
- Plans aspects of water management, including erosion and sediment control and storm water management.
- Assists with environmental incident preparedness, including training, response and reporting.
- Assists with the development of the project Construction Environmental Management Plan and ensures implementation and management compliance through ongoing consultation with the business.
- 3-5 years of experience in an environmental assessment role.
- Previous field experience is required.
- Post secondary education, Diploma or Trade Certification focused on Earth Sciences (Biology, Geography, Forestry, Fish and Wildlife) is required. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Erosion and sediment control planning and implementation skills.
- Knowledge of water sampling (turbidity monitoring).
- Environmental monitoring skills.
- Must possess CSTS.09 (Construction Safety Training Systems).
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Field based role in Kitimat, BC.
- This role requires working primarily outdoors in various weather conditions.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is committed to facilitating project success by providing a workforce with representation from the Indigenous and local communities. We will have this commitment in mind when considering your job application. Date Posted