Full Time Regular Job Summary
As a member of the LTS Engineering and Design Group, the Technical Training Specialist plays a key role in the development of technical training focused around the design of fiber optic networks. The Technical Training Specialist is primarily responsible for the development and maintenance of elearning modules necessary for the onboarding and continued development of employees within the LTS Engineering and Design group, including Outside Plant Engineering, Aerial and Underground Infrastructure, GIS, and CAD. This role will also be required provide Instructor Led, Online and On-the-Job training.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services Team today!Responsibilities
- Partners with LTS Engineering and Design subject matter experts in the local office to support the determination of technical training objectives through analysis of needs, specific skills required and knowledge gaps.
- Coordinates and executes the design, development and delivery of short, e-learning modules (microlearning) to meet the needs of the rapidly growing division
- Builds and applies knowledge of best practices, emerging trends, and advancements in all aspects of technical training
- Partners with subject matter experts and presenters to ensure course content is created in a timely and efficient matter
- Contributes to the development of customized training solutions, materials and tools for a variety of technical training needs and employee levels (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
- Updates workshop and course materials as required
- Develops and adapts course materials for classroom, webinar, e-learning and other environments
- Analyzes participant feedback and course evaluation data to recommend adjustments to content or curriculum
- Utilizes measurement metrics to determine training effectiveness and identify areas for improvement; conducts regular audits to report back on effectiveness
- Responds to a broad range of internal customer requests and inquiries
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2-3 years successful experience in a training and development role in a corporate or educational environment
- Sound knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices and techniques related to adult learning and development
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive workshop environments that are conducive to adult learning
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs, with experience using tools such as Camtasia and Articulate preferred
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and execution skills and the ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to change pace in a multi-faceted dynamic environment
- Ability to travel
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted