Full Time Regular Job Summary
You're a safety professional who excels in partnering with front line supervisors and operations staff to meet and exceed Ledcor's safety standards on project sites. You are looking to diversify your experience with a company that has a strong safety culture. You take pride in going above and beyond regulatory standards to be an industry leader. You can expect to work on challenging projects with diverse and collaborative teams to meet and exceed Ledcor's safety standards.
Come join our True Blue team in Kitimat today!Responsibilities
- Able to provide independent advice to operations management in Ledcor HS&E program
- Creates clear and timely "Flash Reports"
- Participates in the conduct of detailed, fact based incident management
- Clearly understands and is able to meet the demands of various stakeholders, including internal and external clients
- Able to independently lead Tool Box Talks and Safety meetings
- Develops and enhances Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Work Practice documents based on existing materials
- Has and understanding of all site, BU or division safety programs, company codes of business conduct, site/BU specific procedures and management systems
- Seeks to understand and meet the demands of various stakeholders, including internal and external clients
- Practices attentive and active listening and is skilled at questioning to ensure understanding
- Obtains basic understanding of complementary HS&E functions such as Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health practices
- 5+ years of relevant industry Health and Safety experience
- Technical diploma in OH&S preferred
- Proven ability to act with customer in mind by understanding requirements and participating in client meetings
- Understands his/her role in achieving HS&E results (Planning and Execution abilities)
- Demonstrates a competent level of communication skills and behaviors with site employees, management and corporate representatives/management
- Proven ability to facilitate others in best practices and the successful execution of HS&E processes
- Can present truth in appropriate and helpful manner (e.g. Findings/Corrective actions from incident investigations and audits)
- Follows defined processes and boundaries provided by Ledcor HSE program and relevant OH&S (or equivalent) legislation to be able to make appropriate, timely decisions in consultation with others
- Learns quickly and enjoys challenge of unfamiliar tasks or information
- Gains trust and support of peers with HS&E and Operations
- You will be expected to work various schedules based on the project requirements
- Must possess CST.09 (Construction Safety Training Systems)
- Must successfully complete pre- access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Must have a valid Driver's license
- Site based role, rotational shift will be assigned
- Ability to work day and night shifts will be required
- Ability to work evenings, holidays, weekends, and travel away from home will be required
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!