You are an experienced Project Engineer with 10+ years of experience working on Infrastructure projects including bridges, highways, dams, railway, LRT, underground utilities, or subway. As the Project Engineer, you will work closely with the Project Manager to support successful delivery of the project. You will be required to think on your feet, mentor junior project team members and communicate with various audiences including front line staff and operational leadership.
Our Infrastructure division is expanding and working on some very exciting projects valued at over $50 million, across British Columbia, and Alberta.
Apply now and join our industry leading Constructors Infrastructure group in Vancouver today!
- Leading a team to ensure accurate development and reporting of cost control, forecasting and schedule
- Ensure that project commitments are kept; while providing field continuity to design specifications and to commitments made
- Administer engineering communications procedures and maintain an interface with the Project team and all facets of technical charts or changes
- Ensure that a satisfactory as-built record of the work is being made and confirm that a consistent end product is being delivered between the spreads
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project.
- Review submissions and attend meetings with regulatory authorities and provide technical interpretation when required
- Ensure that the level of workmanship meets or exceeds the engineering requirements of the Specifications and Drawings
- Ensure that Activity Inspectors are alerted to and aware of important engineering requirements, in advance of the contractor starting construction on these features
- Inspect and assist with the compilation of records for each test conducted to ensure it is conducted in accordance with applicable codes
- Upon completion of construction, interface with and provide necessary assistance to the group preparing the final as-built drawings, and documentation
- Provide all necessary assistance to the Project Manager in assessing the cost and schedule implications of changes
- 10+ years related work experience
- Experience on Design Build and Early Contractor Involvement delivery models is an asset
- Completion of post-secondary engineering education in Construction, Civil Engineering or a related discipline will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrate an exceptional computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel and scheduling software
- Experience and familiarity with Infrastructure construction methodology and practices is required
- Able to read, understand, and interpret engineering documents
- Exceptional communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Capable of responding to project stakeholder requests in typical situations and understands client needs and works to meet those needs by offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues
- Ability to identify problems/issues and generates solutions and makes sound decisions using standard procedures
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jun 30, 2022
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada