You are a Project Coordinator with utility scale solar experience who, under moderate guidance, will provide technical and/or management support and assists operations staff in the implementation of project and divisional management plans to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Come join our True Blue Team today!
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures at project start-up including: job site trailer/office set up and master filing system; assists with the set up of project billings and the cost accounting system; creates and maintains the project directory.
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications.
- Supports the (sub) contract management process through the tendering and awarding of work or supply materials; assistance with the review and processing of invoices and progress claims, and assistance with the review of documents and inquiries.
- Manages the change order process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval. Administers the change management process accordingly.
- Facilitates the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; assistance with the creation of the project schedule; inputs and updates schedule throughout the project and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent.
- Facilitates the review and distribution of drawings by following up with the trades/consultants; maintains the drawing log and drawing/sample transmittals.
- Coordinates the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binders.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment.
- Organizes project close-out by preparing warranty package and requirements; collecting warranties and O&M manuals; creating turnover documents and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation.
- Utility scale solar experience and knowledge of civil, structural, and electrical construction methodologies.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience working on large EPC projects considered an asset.
- Able to read and understand construction documents.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel and scheduling software.
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Knowledge of main construction office processes: project set up; subcontract management; change orders; RFIs (request for information); lien holdbacks; closeout.
- Capable of responding to project stakeholder requests in typical situations and understands client needs and works to meet those needs by offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues.
- Ability to identify problems/issues and generates solutions and makes sound decisions using standard procedures.
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presents information clearly in an appropriate style and persuades others in straightforward situations.
- Willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Aug 16, 2022
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada