You are an experienced Sideboom Operator with industrial construction experience. You will be an integral part of the Ledcor team working in Fort McMurray, AB. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating in accordance with quality, safety, and efficiency standards.
Join the Ledcor team in Fort McMurray AB today!
- Operate 572, 583 and 594 models in order to move pipe/welding/bolt up.
- Effectively and safely operate hydraulic sidebooms utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks.
- Work effectively and safely in tandem with other sidebooms to transport spools
- Utilize sideboom in adverse terrain, and tailing pond operations, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, logs and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds
- Previous experience operating sidebooms in a pipeline or industrial environment considered an asset
- Must be able to interpret capacity chart(s) and identify the rigging requirements
- Must be able to understand the capacity of each component and the relationships between the length of the boom, length of cable, cable size and load limits
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must have a valid Driver's License and clear 3-year driver's abstract
- Must possess valid CSO or BSO certificate
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, work at heights, be agile and able to go on/off equipment.
- Experienced applicants that reside in Fort McMurray or surrounding areas will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 14 days on / 7 days off rotational shift, 10-hour workdays
- Camp based accommodations with private washrooms are provided
- Travel allowance provided from approved locations
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Industrial offers an integrated range of services from construction, engineering, and maintenance to pipe fabrication and module assembly. We offer turnkey solutions to our oil and gas clients and have built some of the continent’s largest oil and gas projects.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jul 20, 2022
6 Booth Street, Ottawa, ON, Canada