You are a Journeyman B Pressure Welder with experience to support us on industrial oil & gas projects. You will be an integral part of the Ledcor team working on the CBR Cogen project. This is a two-year project for the construction of two 400 MegaWatt cogen units. The project is conveniently located right outside of Fort McMurray at Suncor Baseplant.
Join the Ledcor in Fort McMurray, AB!
- Perform all tasks with Safety as top priority. Participate in Project Safety Program, Attend Toolbox and Safety Meetings, plan safe work with team members daily on Field Level Hazard Assessment forms, intervene and communicate any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Read and interpret drawings and follow welding procedures
- Working with Pipefitters and Welders on the installation and completion of pressure piping systems and their supports. Includes ASME Sec 1, B31.1 Boiler External, B31.1 Power Piping, B31.3 Process and Utility Piping Code Welding Requirements.
- Performs pipe welding on Carbon steel, chrome – alloy, and stainless-steel piping in sizes ranging from ¾” to 36” NPS in accordance with applicable weld procedures in a safe and efficient manner. Welders will be informed of required welding tickets prior to hiring. Welders may be sent for additional certification
- All welds will be visually inspected to be acceptable to code requirements by CWB certified Welding Inspectors. A percentage of welds will also be subjected to non-destructive testing such as radiography, ultrasonic testing, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant and hardness testing
- Teamwork is an essential part of our success and it is expected that piping crew members all work together. Tasks may include assisting pipefitters with set-up, rigging, measuring, clean-up etc, when welding is not available
- Must be an Interprovincial Red Seal or have an Alberta Journeyman Welding ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Must possess a valid “B” pressure Alberta ticket
- All position welding tickets
- Minimum 5+ years of experience on industrial construction is required
- Successful candidates will require OSSA Regional with CSTS, BSO or CSO, along with EWP
- Confined Space and Fall Projection is an asset
- Good attention to detail with the ability to problem solve
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- Project is located in the Fort McMurray AB
- Project commenced in July 2021
- 14 days on /7 days off schedule, working 10 hours per day
- Site based camp provided
- Charter flights from either Edmonton or Calgary
- Flights booked from your local airport to the chartered locations
- Plus an additional allowance for all employees
- Driving to Fort McMurray is an option as there is camp parking available
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Industrial offers an integrated range of services from construction, engineering, and maintenance to pipe fabrication and module assembly. We offer turnkey solutions to our oil and gas clients and have built some of the continent’s largest oil and gas projects.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Aug 3, 2022
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada