You are an experienced Health & Safety Supervisor with over 5 years of experience in the commercial construction industry. You will have direct responsibility for leading a team of professionals to champion the health and safety of all employees on our project sites
Join Ledcor’s talented Management team in Edmonton today!
- Assist in performance management and professional development of Health Safety & Environmental (HS&E) staff
- Provide or arrange training and education to Ledcor employees on health and safety topics
- Monitor health, safety, and environmental protection compliance at the project level by conducting workplace inspections and audits
- Provide advice on the interpretation of local government requirements and Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) regulations and codes
- Liaise with regulatory authorities to promote safety and resolve any issues of non-compliance
- Participate in the development of project-specific safety programs for new projects
- Ensure all HS&E documentation and records are collected and maintained in accordance with company operating practices
- Represent Ledcor in client/consultant meetings related to HS&E
- Provide direction on matters relating to injured worker claims and restricted work programs
- Provide direction to project staff on the administration of Ledcor’s Drug & Alcohol program
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years’ relevant health and safety experience in the commercial construction industry, preferably in a supervisory role
- Possession or pursuit of CRSP, CHSO or other professional HS&E designation is beneficial, but not required
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Thorough knowledge of common commercial construction practices, techniques and equipment including experience at the worksite level
- Able to influence work planning and execution by field/operations staff as it relates to achieving HS&E objectives
- Thorough knowledge of local government health & safety acts, policies, regulations, codes and practices as they apply to the commercial and light industrial construction industries
- An active leader in promoting HS&E processes and programs toward exceeding HS&E goals
- Supporter and promoter of Ledcor’s core values of safety, quality, integrity, sustainability and success
- Knowledge of hazardous material recognition, controls or abatement and experience in general occupational hygiene principles is preferred
- Experience in conducting training and formal presentations to audiences of various sizes and types
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and basic keyboarding skills are required
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license with a reasonably infraction-free driving record
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Ability to work extended work hours as the need arises, as in the case of emergencies at a work site, may be required
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jul 25, 2022
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada