The Director, Operations is an experience construction professional responsible for managing telecommunication, utility or other civil construction projects. This role is accountable for driving both short- and long-term solutions and contribute to the overall success across numerous projects.
Under guidance from the Senior Director, Access Build and BAU, the Director, Operations, may impact strategic direction/vision across numerous projects in the assigned region. The Director, Operations assumes a leadership/mentor role by providing guidance to project staff and/or other managers and is responsible for the smooth functioning of day-to-day operations, implementing the agreed upon project plan and schedule, including safety, quality control and the delegation of work to project team, contractors and trades people ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Manage and promote the overall site safety program as required, including subcontractor compliance with Ledcor standards, Project Specific Safety Plan (PSSP) and all applicable OH&S Acts, Regulations and Codes.
- Direct day to day oversight of the Outside Plant (OSP) construction operations across multiple teams and projects in the assigned region. Provide strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved.
- Overall responsibility for driving cost efficiencies and Profit and Loss for OSP construction operations. Identifies and manages risk to the project to negate impact on schedule and financial targets.
- Develop and advance existing long-term relationships with client.
- Build strategic relationships with Business Unit owners and work collaboratively with the Senior Director to realize the growth strategy for LTS.
- Build and manage a high performing team with a focus on people, business and client. Using extensive knowledge and experience in the assigned region, this role will leverage their networks to attract and retain talent while also building key relationships with subcontractors.
- 10+ years of experience in leading OSP construction delivery in a customer facing role
- 5+ years of experience preferably in FTTX construction and installation related projects
- Proven experience and accountability in managing a financials and negotiations with subcontractors
- Extensive experience managing employees and sub-contractors
- Previous experience delivering complex multi-year programs
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio
- Superior interpersonal, communication and written skills
- Complete understanding of fiber optic networks including aerial and underground construction, splicing, permitting
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jul 15, 2022
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada