You are an experienced Piling Lead Hand. You will be responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations of industrial piling projects, including quality control, safety, and the delegation of work to field staff, contractors and trades people. You will ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Join the Ledcor Foundations team in Kitimat!
- Ensure that projects are built according to approved plans and specifications and that efficiency in labour and materials maintain high quality standards
- Ensure that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by corporate safety manual, Workers’ Compensation Board or any other authorities
- Review, maintain and update the construction schedule and ensures milestone and completion dates are met
- Oversee the care and maintenance of company vehicles and equipment on the project to maximize use while on the job site and returns equipment to storage or the rental company when no longer required
- Review subtrade/supplier invoices against the field purchase orders and report any discrepancies to the Project Manager or the accounting department
- Lead the installation of various deep foundation techniques (driven piles, sheet piles, etc)
- Be a leader in the field with respect to safety and quality
- Previous experience as a Piling Lead Hand
- Experience with steel driven piles, concrete cast-in-place piles, sheet piles, CFA piles, other shoring methods and tie backs
- Experience working on large scale industrial and infrastructure projects
- Solid understanding of modern construction practices
- Ability to complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must have PSCT, Ground Disturbance Lv2, First Aid and Basic Rigging
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner’s interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform
- A strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals
- Capacity to respond to stakeholder requests in typical situations and investigate facts
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and in appropriate style
- This is a site-based role in Kitimat BC
- Camp and travel provided for those that qualify
- Work will be outside in all weather conditions
- 14 days on, 7 days off, 11 hours per day
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Industrial offers an integrated range of services from construction, engineering, and maintenance to pipe fabrication and module assembly. We offer turnkey solutions to our oil and gas clients and have built some of the continent’s largest oil and gas projects.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jul 18, 2022
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada