You have broad billing supervisory experience including oversight of employees, maintenance of client accounts, guiding collections activity and provision of relevant accounts receivable reporting and metrics.
You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, advanced problem-solving skills, accuracy and attention to detail, as well as excellent interpersonal skills in all situations. You enjoy analyzing existing processes and findings improvements and enhancements to these.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead a team of two administrators and to collaborate with a broader accounting team.
Join our Ledcor team in Yellowknife, NWT or Edmonton, AB or Vancouver, BC today! Flexible remote work options available.
- Applying best practices, oversees the preparation of statements and bills
- Guides, mentors and performance manages a small billing team
- Maintains and/or ensures maintenance of client records related to invoicing and bill payment
- Reviews work of billing staff to ensure accuracy, resolving inconsistencies
- Creates and provides a prioritized list of clients to be invoiced by team members.
- Drafts and distributes weekly reports of invoicing and billing metrics
- Maintains an ongoing collections program and advises staff on proper, legal parameters for collections practices
- Views processes for potential improvement opportunities and runs a program of continuous improvement
- Ensures that all billing actions comply with company guidelines, policies and procedures
- Provides customer support to customers with disputes or inquiries concerning invoices or billing process
- Collaborates closely with the Operations Controller to ensure issues are resolved and/or escalated as needed
- Post-Secondary Education in Business, Finance or Accounting required.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in a similar role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of proficiency in all MS Office programs; ability to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data and perform complex functions within Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in working with large amount of data.
- Good understanding of collection practices and laws.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Ability to act with discretion, tact, and professionalism in all situations
- Very high level of attention to detail
- This is a work from home position with the understanding that from time to time you may be required to attend the office as business needs require
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jul 27, 2022
27 Yellowknife Airport, 100 Dickins Street, Yellowknife, NT, Canada