You are a Foreperson with 2-5 years of field operations experience, working on Outside Plant (OSP) construction projects and with fibre optics. Working independently or as part of a team, you will execute the project plans and schedules to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. You will manage quality control, including reviewing and managing project performance, while simultaneously ensuring safety, and delegating work to field staff, contractors, and trades people.
Apply Now! Come join our Technical Services team in Milton,ON today!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protections on the project
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S/OSHA Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Leads a team of 2-6 employees in the planning, execution, and billing of a project
- Trains, supports and offers guidance to new hires
- Works closely with subcontractors; reviewing work and managing invoices
- Ensures project schedules are met while maintaining company standards in regards to quality protocols
- Ensures that all tailboards, MH entry permits, timesheets, drivers logbooks, and billing are handed in on time
- Ensures compliance with municipality hours of work, traffic protection, environmental standards, traffic bylaws, and restoration standards
- Takes action to monitor and control costs
- Manages escalations and provides exceptional customer service to clients related to quality, work performed, standards, etc.
- Oversees all client specific requirements based on contract requirements
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 2-5 years of utility construction experience as a Superintendent or Foreperson overseeing multiple project locations simultaneously
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with fibre optic cable
- Solid understanding of current construction practices and field concepts, practices, and procedures (including OSP)
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Ability to operate industry specific equipment such as directional drills, Vac trucks, small excavators, skid steers, backhoes and road cut saws
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others, including the supervision of subcontractors
- Strong knowledge of construction documents (including utility plans and maps), contracts, costs, and budgets
- Strong organizational and planning skills; proven experience organizing workloads, managing multiple priorities, and working with multiple deadlines
- Aptitude for learning new technology and working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Outlook
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiarity with protocol and practices of large telecommunications providers in the Ontario market
- Clean drivers abstract
- Ability to read and understand civil construction drawings
- Ability to read and understand utility locates
- Applicants that reside in Ontario will be given preference due to the location of this project
- Some travel will be required to site and/or other office locations
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jul 20, 2022
7105 Auburn Road, Milton, ON, Canada