You are an experienced Project Engineer with a geotechnical background and exposure to design management. As Project Engineer you will be required to think on your feet and create and communicate execution strategies for steep slope construction activities.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team!
- Ensure that project commitments are kept; while providing field continuity to design specifications and to commitments made
- Administer engineering communications procedures and maintain an interface with the Project team and all facets of technical charts or changes
- Ensure that a satisfactory as-built record of the work is being made and confirm that a consistent end product is being delivered between the spreads
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project.
- Review submissions and attend meetings with regulatory authorities and provide technical interpretation when required
- Ensure that the level of workmanship meets or exceeds the engineering requirements of the Specifications and Drawings
- Ensure that Activity Inspectors are alerted to and aware of important engineering requirements, in advance of the contractor starting construction on these features
- Inspect and assist with the compilation of records for each test conducted to ensure it is conducted in accordance with applicable codes
- Upon completion of construction, interface with and provide necessary assistance to the group preparing the final as-built drawings, pipe records, and documentation
- Provide all necessary assistance to the Construction Manager in assessing the cost and schedule implications which may result from design changes
- 5+ years related work experience
- Prior experience with shoring design, geo-textiles, MSE walls and sheet piling scopes is required.
- Previous design management experience will be highly regarded
- Experience and familiarity with Pipeline construction methodology and practices will be highly regarded
- Completion of post secondary engineering education in Construction, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrate an exceptional computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel and scheduling software
- Site based position - Rotation equivalent to 3 weeks on and 1 week off
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jul 23, 2022
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada