You are an accountant with strong business acumen, experienced in a variety of accounting duties including inventory and cost accounting, generating monthly operations reporting, cost and revenue analysis, and preparation of budgets and forecasts.
In this role, you will also be responsible for compiling and reviewing monthly financial reports and will be working closely with our Forestry Operations. The work will involve accounting for various lines of business in Forestry Operations such as Cant Mill, Trucking and Reload, as well as Biomass. Experience with accounting for Sawmill operations, in particular, is an advantage.
This work is currently done as a hybrid (home/office) role. Travel will be required occasionally to meet with operational contacts in Lower Mainland, Vancouver.
Join our Ledcor team today!
- Supervise the compilation, entry and balancing of all financial data reported by operations management using Excel as the key tool
- Review and provide daily/weekly costing, including reporting on daily/weekly fibre movement
- Prepare accurate and timely weekly and monthly financial forecasts/flash reports supporting operational KPIs
- Work closely with Operations to ensure that timely pricing and costing information is always available.
- Participate in month end close, including the preparation of spreadsheets to support month end journal entries, variance analysis and management financial reporting
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Review and assess month end numbers including reasonability of accruals; meet with Operational management to review
- Complete operational budgets and rolling forecasts in an accurate and timely manner
- Lead, mentor and supervise team members
- Take on special projects and perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 7 years’ accounting experience, preferably in cost/project accounting
- CPA designation would be preferred
- Demonstrated operations and accounting experience with well-rounded knowledge of standard accounting concepts and practices, including internal controls
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with expert knowledge of Excel
- Advanced computer skills using accounting software; familiarity with JD Edwards or similar ERP system would be an asset
- Strong analytical aptitude with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interfacing with operations personnel, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, organize and manage multiple tasks, and set priorities
- Occasional travel to offices in Abbotsford and Vancouver
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jul 28, 2022
34077 Gladys Avenue, Abbotsford, BC, Canada