You are an experienced communications professional looking for your next dynamic opportunity to exert a positive influence across a diversified business, embedded within an established and reputable company. As a Senior Employee Communications Specialist you will work with the Employee Communications Manager and team, key internal stakeholders and business leaders to develop communication plans and produce high-quality messages for employee-facing communications that increase employee understanding of business-related programs and initiatives, and link actions to business goals. Responsibilities include planning, drafting, delivering, and measuring communications to employees, and recommending and applying the latest technologies and tools to engage both our salaried and hourly workforce.
Join our Ledcor Corporate Communications team in Vancouver, BC!
- Support employee communication initiatives using a structured communication planning approach to ensure objectives and outcomes are clearly defined and met
- Build and drive content, including sourcing, writing, and editing to ensure content is tailored to the intended audience and delivered to the business or other stakeholder in a timely manner
- Creates high-quality communications and planning for enterprise-wide and engagement programs. Examples may include learning & development initiatives, business system implementation, crisis communications and process transformation. Scope includes collaborating with the Employee Communications manager, team members, and subject matter experts in the business to develop and execute effective communication plans
- Partners with other team members including external communications and creative services on integrated approach to service clients
- Enables cross-functional collaboration and best practice sharing
- Collaboration to support video content and presentations for executive communications to employees
- Implements recommendations and solutions for multifaceted communications planning and alignment for all levels of the organization to achieve the project’s communications objectives and improve employee understanding and access to information
- Solicit feedback from the business community through surveys and other interactions to measure the effectiveness of communications, revising communication plans based on feedback to keep it relevant and effective
- A minimum of 6 years of enterprise-wide communications experience
- Familiar with event planning, communications
- Ability to develop communications strategies and implement tactics to drive business objectives and support company culture
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and meet requirements to work outside of normal hours as needed
- Exceptional writer and editor, and can deliver professional, engaging, and impactful messages through a variety of channels
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills and ability to work and build relationships both in person and virtually
- Self-directed, strong planning, organizational and detail-oriented skill set, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Capable of understanding and communicating actions needed to support Ledcor’s business
- Expert knowledge of MS Office and an aptitude for learning applications; working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop,)
- Customer-focused. Collaborates and works well within teams can lead a project to successful completion
- This is a work from home position with the understanding that from time to time you may be required to attend the office as business needs require
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jul 29, 2022
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada