You are an experienced Aerial Designer, responsible for detailed design of OSP elements (aerial and/or underground) and fiber designs of telecommunication networks. You'll be an integral part of the engineering team and will design networks using a variety of tools, ensuring constructability issues are incorporated into the network designs.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Mississauga, ON today!
- Examine aerial and underground project functional requirements, establish design concept and parameters, and develop or confirm survey, CAD and engineering project scoping.
- Support survey technician field exercises with prompt responses to scoping questions.
- Support CAD technicians in preliminary design drawing development with prompt response to scoping and preliminary design questions.
- Complete, or lead, review, and validate detailed aerial or underground design to minimum utility or governing authority standards.
- Complete AutoCAD drawings and other technical document updates.
- Prepare and compile final drawings and reports for stamping engineers.
- Gather outdoor field data for existing road rights of way, pole lines and other structures as required.
- May be required to inspect utility poles to determine the structural integrity of the pole.
- Post-secondary education in civil or electrical engineering or equivalent relevant work experience in a service business.
- Intermediate working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of SPIDACalc and Quick Pole software.
- Minimum 3-5 years of telecommunication or hydro engineering and design and municipal consent permitting experience.
- Familiarity with: Safety codes CSA 22.3 No. 1-20 Overhead Systems and ESA 22/04 is preferred
- Typical hydro and telecom pole framing standards adopted in Ontario is preferred
- Ontario LDC third party attachment processes is preferred
- Strong understanding of engineering principals and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and to work together with fellow employees to achieve departmental goals in a helpful and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent safety and attendance record.
- Committed to process improvements.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office with an emphasis in Excel.
- Ability to work in a high‐performance environment, deal with customers in a professional manner, and willingness to travel primarily within Ontario as required for utility projects.
- Understanding of safety codes ESA 22/04 and CSA 22.3 No. 1-20.
- Willingness to learn and train those in need
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Aug 4, 2022
3930 Nashua Drive, Mississauga, ON, Canada