Join our growing Highway Maintenance team and play a key role in the successful delivery of highway infrastructure maintenance and small construction activities in northwest Alberta. These long-term contracts provide the opportunity to establish roots in a local community, build exceptional relationships and lead a diverse team of highway maintenance professionals committed to the challenge of keeping Alberta’s highways safe.
As Project Manager, you will be responsible to ensure the successful delivery of two highway maintenance contracts centered in the Edson and Grande Prairie areas. This large geographic area provides unique challenges and opportunities, and the role requires a leader who understands people and providing exceptional service. You have a demonstrated track record of building relationships, a commitment to team and individual development and a burning desire for continuous improvement, you are someone who strives to provide best-in-class service. we want to hear from you. Be part of a community, be part of a larger team and contribute to the growth of Ledcor’s Highway Maintenance business in North America.
Join our True Blue team today!
- Utilize excellent communication skills to confidently interact with key contacts, establish, and follow up expectations through honest, authentic and transparent processes
- Provide clear direction and leadership to the team members to:
- Ensure the project’s key performance objectives (cost, schedule, safety, quality, environmental, owner satisfaction, and subcontract relationships) are achieved
- Distribute workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities
- Lead the team in schedule development and implementation and assist the team in ensuring appropriate resources are in place, proper planning and execution plans are completed and objectives achieved
- Provide leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the projects to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensure that all scopes of work are completed in accordance with all contractual and internal Ledcor requirements
- Ensure that all quality objectives are understood and achieved
- Accountable for all project costs and budgets including progress tracking to proactively identify budget challenges
- Manage project risk in accordance with Ledcor policies and requirements
- Ensure that all subcontract management processes are understood, in place and are fully compliant
- Develop a deep understanding of the contract, contractual requirements and lead negotiation with the client on key issues
- Develop a strong understanding of the Collective Agreement and act as a resource to other operational leaders in effective administration of the Agreement
- Ensure adherence to Ledcor’s fleet and asset management processes including assisting in the development of strategic planning, capital purchases and leading continuous improvement initiatives to support effective asset management and utilization strategies
- Completion of post-secondary education in civil engineering/technology, construction management, or a related field
- A professional designation like P.Eng, P.Tech, PMP or MBA is an asset
- Project experience in highway, infrastructure, bridge maintenance will be highly regarded
- Previous experience managing bridge and highway projects will be an asset
- 5+ years work experience in a similar capacity is required
- Demonstrated understanding of change management process is essential
- Demonstrated exposure to Project Controls and progress tracking and reporting is essential
- Effective communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form, including ability to establish and follow up expectations through honest, authentic and transparent processes
- Demonstrated understanding of continuous improvement, ISO or other management systems is a key attribute
- Demonstrated understanding of quality management, quality objectives, quality control and quality assurance is a key attribute
- Experience in the leadership and execution of performance-based or end-product specification activities is key attribute
This is a project-based role. Successful applicants will be expected to reside or relocate to the contract areas. Opportunities including residing in Grande Prairie, Whitecourt or Edson. As this is a long-term contract, success includes an ability to integrate effectively into their community and support the overall highway maintenance operations. A relocation package will be available to the selected candidate.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Aug 24, 2022
., Grande Prairie, AB, Canada