As the Project Buyer you have a proven ability of developing and sustaining relationships with project personnel and vendors alike. Primary responsibilities include the competitive procurement of materials, equipment, and services as required by the project. Your knowledge of both industry and commodity ensures the best terms and overall value to Ledcor in its role as the managing Partner for the Pacific Gateway Constructors General Partnership (PGC).
Apply today to join our growing Infrastructure team!
- Ensures that all purchase commitments issued for the project adhere to the policies and procedures of Ledcor and/or its clients and follow sound and ethical practices
- Adheres to the Procurement process, technical specification and industry standards for all purchases
- Administrates commercial negotiations and establishes agreement with vendors and service providers
- Completion of inquiry/bid phases and submittal of purchase recommendations and requests for expenditure documents in accordance with Project Controls and Client requirements
- Expedites materials as required
- Researches and identifies new suppliers to ensure quality, capacity, value and terms are advantageous for the project
- Maintains relationships with existing suppliers to ensure that they are committed to supporting our long-term project needs
- Liaises routinely with project personnel to ensure project requirements are met regarding the service, quality and timeliness of materials, equipment and services provided.
- Responsible for Purchase Order Close out and working closely with AP/Data and Invoice Administration on reconciling mismatching invoices
- Supports the estimating department regarding pricing of materials, equipment and services.
- 2-3 years of proven experience in a similar industry.
- SCMP designation or other relevant post-secondary diploma/degree an asset
- Experience in Infrastructure or Construction would be an asset
- Experience in Procurement / Enterprise systems
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Internet
- Aptitude for anticipating delays that would affect the project
- Capable of processing large volumes of paperwork in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
- Adaptable to changing environments and practices continuous improvement
- Able to work well under pressure on a number of tasks with imposing deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good work ethic, self-motivated, and effectively works independently or within a team environment
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Sep 1, 2022
4857 Elliott Street, Delta, BC, Canada