Ledcor are hiring a Manager, Employee Relations & Mobility for a 12-month maternity cover contract. In this role you will work with the Senior Director and other stakeholders to set the direction of Ledcor’s Employee Relations, Immigration and Mobility practices. As part of your role you will ensure effective governance and risk mitigation practices in the areas of employment law, labour legislation, immigration, and labour relations. This includes assessing new and evolving employer legislation and regulations and creating processes for new regulatory or legal requirements.
In your new role you will provide subject matter expertise and leads a team providing advice and guidance to Business HR, operational leaders, and other Ledcor stakeholders relating to the interpretation, application and administration of employment and related legislation and policy, conditions of employment, effective employee relations and immigration/mobility practices.
Come bring your extensive employee relations experience to Ledcor and join the True Blue team today by applying for this position.
Employee Relations (55%)
- In conjunction with the Sr. Director, plans, develops, and administers Ledcor’s Employee Relations strategies and programs
- Using a risk mitigation approach, ensures Ledcor stays compliant across a broad range of legislated and regulatory requirements enterprise wide
- Benchmarks against industry practices to ensure programs are current regarding trend, practices, company philosophy and competitive environment
- Leads the Employee Relations team in developing and implementing programs, policies, procedures, and tools to effectively manage employee relations matters, and conducts regular reviews to ensure up to date with changing needs and regulations
- Review and reports on the effectiveness of Employee Relations policies, procedures, and programs
- Sets standards in areas including investigations, leading, or assisting in complex investigations and identifying employment and immigration related business risks and mitigation strategies
- Provides advice and guidance to managers, HR colleagues and other Ledcor stakeholders on a variety of employee relations and immigration related issues to ensure effective, legally compliant resolutions are established efficiently within company guidelines
- Manages and finds solutions on employee relations issues escalated from the Service Centre
- Oversees the preparation of the various reports as required
- Consults with internal and external legal counsel as required regarding employee issues, legislation and other applicable employee relations issues as required
Collaboration with HR and HSE (20%)
- Partners with the Total Rewards COE to design, implement and maintain programs relating to employee compensation, eligibility for benefits and pay equity
- Partners with the Talent COE to implement employment equity, inclusion and diversity programs
- Works with HSE on their programs where an employee breach may have employment implications, such as the Drug and Alcohol Program
- Collaborates with HSE on policies and procedures which are governed by both human rights and health and safety legislation
- Working with the Sr. Director and Mobility Specialist, plans, develops and leads the administration of Ledcor’s Mobility strategy and programs
- Ensures effective management of immigration and mobility matters, covering the end-to-end mobility process for permanent relocations, and temporary assignments
- Leads the Mobility team to report on the effectiveness of Mobility policies, procedures and programs
- Supports team to identify and implement revisions as well as new plans/programs which are cost effective, consistent with trends, and in alignment with corporate objectives
- Provides coaching and support to team members as needed
- 8+ years’ experience working in a complex human resources environment, and providing support to business leaders in a consultative capacity
- Degree (or diploma) with a focus in human resources management or educational equivalent; legal degree or training would be an asset
- Experience supporting business units across multiple provinces, states and jurisdictions with a thorough understanding of the variances in employment laws and requirements
- Experience with or exposure to employment immigration and relocation matters
- Experience supporting business units across multiple provinces, states, and jurisdictions (Canada and US) with a thorough understanding of the variances in employment laws and requirements
- Experience with administering benefit and other compensation obligations
- Some travel will be required for meetings, around once or twice a quarter
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Aug 18, 2022
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada