As a Learning Specialist - Design you will apply instructional design and project management skills to develop content that enables employees to learn the skills needed to perform effectively in their roles. This role partners with SMEs, Learning Developers, and leaders across the organization to conduct needs assessments and identify clear learning objectives. Using Ledcor’s Learning Framework, this role designs engaging learning content and materials for a variety of delivery methods (instructor-led, self-paced and virtual).
You will also contribute recommendations for additional content needs based on measurement and data including participant feedback, program evaluations, and stakeholder input. The role regularly reviews established Learning Paths, in conjunction with the Manager, to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
This is a work from home position, that can be based anywhere in Canada. Come bring your instructional design experience and join our True Blue Team today by applying for the role today!
- Applying adult learning principles to develop content or programs, templates and instructional materials using multiple formats
- You will provide Instructional design services & project management by defining scope, gaining agreement with stakeholders & maintaining project schedule to ensure deadlines are met
- Provide guidance and access to tools to divisional Subject Matter Experts (SME’s), Learning Developers and Vendors in the development of their own content for learning programs
- You will review draft content and provides feedback for improvement as required
- Use robust and collaborative needs analysis to identify learning needs
- Collate and integrates feedback from delivery teams and stakeholders; makes improvements to courses and curriculum
- You will stay current in learning trends and best practices, and incorporates them into design work
- 3 years experience in instructional design and adult learning
- Experience with project management in a learning environment
- Background in e-learning development & Media Editing tools
- Hands-on experience using a variety of Learning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Vyond, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, Prezi, Adobe Illustrator preferred
- Excellent written, communication, editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Knowledge of adult learning concepts, principles, and practices
- Engaging stakeholders in a large, complex organization
- Strong customer service focus
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Sep 27, 2022
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada