Join our growing Highway Maintenance team and play a key role in the successful delivery of highway infrastructure maintenance and small construction activities in Northwest Alberta. Our long-term contracts provide the opportunity for you to establish roots in a local community, build exceptional relationships and lead a diverse team of highway maintenance professionals committed to the challenge of keeping Alberta’s highways safe.
As Project Superintendent, you will be responsible for the successful operation of the Edson Highway Maintenance contract and will be directly responsible for up to five direct reports who manage daily operations. You are a great communicator, who can seamlessly blend contractual requirements with safety, quality, efficiency, and productivity to assist others in successful contract delivery. You bring exceptional foresight, planning and process thinking combined with strong critical thinking skills to be able to best respond to emerging and changing conditions all while remaining focused on the overall goal. You have a demonstrated track record of leadership, building relationships, a commitment to team and individual development and a burning desire for continuous improvement. Be part of a community, be part of a larger team and contribute to the growth of Ledcor’s Highway Maintenance business in North America.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package, ongoing employee training and development, team building and career growth opportunities.
Join our True Blue team today!
- Utilize excellent communication skills to successfully deliver the contract requirements through the front-line leaders. Provide overall and strategic direction to team to meet contract and schedule requirements. Establish and follow up expectations through honest, authentic and transparent processes.
- Provide clear direction and leadership to the front-line leadership to:
- Ensure the project’s key performance objectives (cost, schedule, safety, quality, environmental, owner satisfaction, and subcontract relationships) are achieved in the field
- Lead the front-line leaders in schedule development and implementation and assist the leaders in ensuring appropriate resources are in place, proper planning and execution plans are completed and objectives achieved
- Continually assess ongoing operations and adherence to key performance metrics while coaching and mentoring front-line leaders in their individual and team development
- Provide leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the projects to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensure that all scopes of work are completed in accordance with all contractual and internal Ledcor requirements
- Ensure that all quality objectives are understood and achieved
- Provide field oversight of all field operations to achieve contract schedules and budgets including progress tracking to proactively identify and respond to budget challenges
- Responsible for reviewing daily, weekly and monthly financial reports to ensure targets are achieved. Utilizes exceptional coaching and mentoring skills to improve performance when required
- Manage project risk in accordance with Ledcor policies and requirements at the field level
- Ensure that all subcontract management processes are understood, in place and are fully compliant in the field
- Develop a deep understanding of the contract, contractual requirements and assist with client negotiations on field-related issues
- Develop a strong understanding of the Collective Agreement and act as a resource to other operational leaders in effective administration of the Agreement
- Ensure adherence to Ledcor’s fleet and asset management processes including assisting in the development of strategic planning, capital purchases and leading continuous improvement initiatives to support effective asset management and utilization strategies
- Minimum 3 years of highway maintenance or construction experience in a similar direct supervisory role
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry related trade certification/education program
- Completion of post-secondary education in civil engineering/technology, construction management, or a related field would be an asset
- Direct project experience in highway, infrastructure, bridge maintenance will be highly regarded
- Previous experience managing bridge and highway projects will be an asset
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to exceptional Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
- Demonstrated planning and scheduling skills
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new skills and develop competency in the unique aspects of the highway maintenance industry
- Effective communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form, including ability to establish and follow up expectations through honest, authentic and transparent processes
- Demonstrated understanding of continuous improvement, ISO or other management systems is a key attribute
- Demonstrated understanding of quality management, quality objectives, quality control and quality assurance is a key attribute
- Experience in the leadership and execution of performance-based or end-product specification activities is key attribute
This is a project-based role based in Edson or Whitecourt. As this is a long-term contract, success includes an ability to integrate effectively into their community and support the overall highway maintenance operations. A relocation package will be available to the selected candidate.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Sep 30, 2022
1105 Pettigrew Avenue East, Regina, SK, Canada