The Bid Manager is a dynamic role supporting new project and program bids for our Telecom division. The Bid Manager is the architect of the response to a bid and will have prime responsibility internally for the pursuit, end to end. They will liaise with key stakeholders and subject matter experts, support the estimating team on pricing, review bid documents and capture project risks and contractual terms.
The Bid Manager will ensure our bid submissions are market-competitive while ensuring we meet our financial targets. On successful award of work, the Bid Manager will support contract negotiations and complete a thorough hand off to the project team!
This is a remote position with light travel!
- Establish a team of subject matter experts as appropriate to support pricing of the Scope of Work, terms and conditions of the Contract, and identification and mitigation of risks.
- Structure and organize the bid process for projects and programs, including ones considered large and complex, all required reviews and approvals are obtained, and all bid schedule deliverables are met.
- Create, revise, and adjust the overall process as needed to ensure maximum efficiency with key stakeholders.
- Manage the bid process to ensure all items are assigned and completed to develop the pricing and bid deliverables to the client.
- Work with Business Development to define and execute the bid “Win” strategy
- Incorporate lessons learned from previous bids and projects
- Support the estimating and pricing process with the Estimating team.
- Assist with subcontractor price negotiation.
- Document all assumptions and pricing calculations concisely and accurately for all Stakeholders to clearly and effectively clarify how the costs, pricing, and Execution plans were devised and why.
Risk Analysis & Avoidance
- Lead internal contract and work order review.
- Review client contract, follow contract review checklist to identify and communicate key contract terms, deliverables, and identify key risks and gaps. Create solutions to minimize or eliminate risks, including proposing terms for the contract and work order
- Establish a Risk Register based upon the contract, bid documents, scope of work, and other variables. Ensure that input from Operations, Engineering, HS&E, Legal, Quality, Tax, Risk Management, and insurers are incorporated into the risk analysis.
- Ensure appropriate insurance and bonding requirements are evaluated, understood, met, and costs obtained.
- Develop and manage bid clarifications for each bid response to clarify for all parties the work to be performed.
Execution / Schedule Development
- Have a strong understanding of productivity factors for a wide range of telecom activities to design and develop the resource strategy, organizational structure, and costs with appropriate stakeholder input and approvals, i.e., Operations, Execution, etc.
- Create the execution/operational plan and preliminary schedule.
Health Safety Environmental / Quality
- Work with HS&E and Quality teams to understand safety and quality needs and evaluate if additional or unique solutions are required. Design, develop, and cost all requirements that are unique to the Ledcor standards.
- Manage the RFP deliverable response to client and meet the bid expectations. Ensure that all responses exceed client expectations with Business Development
Presentation/Communication of Bid Details and Execution Plans
- Lead Bid reviews and final reviews to management, including COO & CEO.
- Work with Business Development to ensure bid strategy is understood by key senior stakeholders.
- Manage Post Bid review, ensure all documentation is accounted for, filed and available when award is made to minimize transition process.
- Prepare and develop lessons learned/feedback loop to incorporate into future bids
- Work with Estimating, Finance, Operations, etc. to handoff and execute project awards.
- Provide reporting on bid status, costs to develop bid responses, bid costs to revenue generated, etc.
- Work with Business Development, Execution, Legal, and appropriate teams to execute contracts and work orders
- Create “Bid Abstract” to summarize all bids, execution plans, financials, etc. for all Stakeholders to reference quickly and efficiently.
- Design, develop, and manage reporting and analysis to understand Project financial achievement vs. the As Sold bid financials. Understand factors creating the discrepancies and create action plans as needed to solve underperforming areas for future bids.
- Strong organizational and planning skills. Ability to manage multiple bids and priorities
- Self-motivated and high standard of performance. Aptitude to deal with ambiguity and complexities
- Understanding of financial modelling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with a diverse group of internal and external individuals at the Executive Level
- Able to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- High proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Link to: https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify