As the HR Site Coordinator you will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and facilitation of employee onboarding, managing camp and travel resources and other project site administration initiatives. Reporting to the Manager, HRBP and receiving direct oversight from the Project Director and Industrial Relations team, you will also work collaboratively with site personnel and shared services support teams to ensure alignment and proper facilitation occurs between the Project Site, its employees, and Corporate Shared Services. Guidance will also be provided by Industrial Relations for unionized employees.
This is an on-site position based in Valemount, BC. Come bring your HR coordination experience and join the True Blue team today by applying through the advert.
- Acts as the single point of contact to coordinate and facilitate onboarding of employees to site
- Work with the recruiting and onboarding team to organize onboarding of new employees
- Supporting supervisors via interfacing with camp, travel information, and other site details in support of new hires
- Works with onboarding to track the progress of all employees onboarding and support coordination of their arrival to site
- Supports with progressive discipline of salaried and hourly employees from completion of discipline forms, conversations, and submission
- Supports Human Resources (salaried employees) and/or Industrial Relations (Unionized Hourly Employees) team with employment related claims acting as an initial point of reporting for employees and managers and through to the resolution process in some situations
- Reports and interfaces with Industrial Relations regarding matters affecting the unionized workforce, including supporting disciplinary/grievance related issues and employee investigations
- Works to ensure the appropriate administration of the collective agreement/project pre-job for unionized hourly employees
- Assists with the coordination of, and participates in, Labour Management Meetings with Union, Site Mgt, Stewards and IR Team
- Assists finance with the resolution of any unionized payroll related issues
- Act as a site contact for the Union Reps
- Facilitates attaining site access for Union Reps and others as requested
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- A minimum of three years of experience in an administrative or coordination role with exposure to human resources and unionized workforces
- Completion of post-secondary coursework in human resources is desired but not essential
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must possess tact, diplomacy and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent customer service focus and team player
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to pass a drug & alcohol test before going on-site
- This is a 100% on-site position based in Valemount BC
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Sep 29, 2022
., Valemount, BC, Canada