You are an experienced Accountant with proven business acumen, seeking an opportunity to advance your career in a dynamic organization. You will work closely with our aviation operations to process accounting transactions and provide analysis and reporting as required by the business, leveraging your proven knowledge of operational accounting.
Join the team at Summit Aviation in our Vancouver, BC or Edmonton, AB!
- Compile, enter and balance all financial data reported by operations
- Participate in month-end close, including the preparation of month end journal entries, variance analysis and management reporting
- Review and analyze intercompany transactions
- Analyze and prepare month end accrual entries for revenue and expenses.
- Understand, and account for, fixed asset transactions
- Support inventory reconciliation and analysis
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts and assess reasonability of balances; review with management and make adjustments as required
- Prepare operational KPI reports and ad hoc analysis to support management queries
- Participate in the preparation of the annual operational budget, and prepare rolling forecasts in an accurate and timely manner
- Support the coordination of information for annual audits and reviews
- Take on special projects and perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years’ full cycle accounting experience, preferably in operational accounting
- Strong knowledge of ASPE GAAP, with a CPA designation
- Demonstrated analytical ability with well-rounded knowledge of standard accounting concepts and practices, including internal controls
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with expert knowledge of Excel
- Advanced computer skills using accounting software; familiarity with JD Edwards or similar ERP system would be an asset
- Strong analytical aptitude with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interfacing with operations personnel, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, organize and manage multiple tasks, and prioritize
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- This position offers work from home options with the understanding that from time to time you may be required to attend the office or site as business needs require
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Oct 3, 2022
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada