You are an experienced Piling Superintendent, who will work independently or with minimal direction/guidance, be responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations of a project by implementing the field aspects of the agreed upon project plan and schedule, including quality control & safety. You will the delegate work to field staff, contractors and trades people ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Come join our True Blue team today!
- Ensure that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications and applicable building codes and that efficiency in labour and materials maintain high quality standards
- Ensure that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by the corporate safety manual, client safety program, Workers’ Compensation Board and any other authorities
- Review, maintain and update the construction schedule and ensure milestones and completion dates are met
- Oversee the care and maintenance of company equipment on the project to maximize use while on the job site and return equipment to storage or the rental company when no longer required
- Review subtrade/supplier invoices against the field purchase orders and report any discrepancies to the Project Manager or the accounting department
- Hire and manage hourly employees as required to complete the project in consultation with the Project Manager and maintain, approve and submit hourly time cards with all necessary details for job costing purposes
- Minimum 10 years construction experience in the piling industry
- Experience with steel driven piles, concrete cast-in-place piles, sheet piles, CFA piles, other shoring methods and tie backs
- Experience working on large scale industrial and infrastructure projects
- Solid understanding of modern construction practices
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner’s interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform
- Contract management skills
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets
- A strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals
- Capacity to respond to stakeholder requests in typical situations and investigate facts
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and in appropriate style
- Willingness to actively share experience and ideas with team
- Capable of identifying straightforward problems, generating possible solutions and assessing those solutions against standard procedures or guidelines
- This is a site based role
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Aug 24, 2022
1200, 1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada