The Fiber Splicing Supervisor is responsible for coordination, delegation, supervision and quality control of project fiber splicing, testing and documentation.
This position is based out of our Hutto Project site and will run the splicing crews for Ledcor in Austin and San Antonio.
There could be some travel required around the state of TX for this position!
Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage the placing, splicing and testing of fiber optic cables including both loose tube and ribbon cables, including high count ribbon fiber of 864 count or higher, and manage the proper installation of splice cases and fiber termination panels in all markets overseen.
- Manage the troubleshooting and maintenance needed to resolve signal problems and teach other fiber splicing technicians and leads how to perform this work.
- Manage the operation of technical equipment, including but not limited to computer, OTDR, power meters, fusion splicing equipment, and teach others how to understand the functions
- Responsible for performing field inspections of fiber placement and fiber splicing.
- Track daily production for fiber splicing to ensure project timeline is maintained.
- Assists Construction Manager in preparation of fiber splicing documentation and documentation deliverables
- Keep the Construction Manager updated on the progress of the project
- Evaluate Fiber Splicer’s performance and provide coaching
- Responsible for workforce compliance with all safety regulations including all OSHA requirements
- Interact with subcontractors and field personnel regarding work completion and resolve conflicts when necessary
- Responsible for vehicle maintenance and inventory control of all on-site equipment and tools
- Review and authorize daily work reports
- At times, may be required to perform work along with field personnel
- Minimum 5 years’ experience splicing Fiber
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience managing fiber cable placing and splicing crews
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of fiber splicing.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of fiber testing and interpretation of testing results
- Extensive knowledge of industry standard fiber splicing and testing equipment
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and correct fiber splicing issues and faults
- Knowledge of outside plant safety procedures
- Ability to direct crews and communicate with teammates and customers
- Practical knowledge on Microsoft Office products to include: Word, Excel, Etc.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to think analytically and apply sound judgment, solve problems & make effective decisions
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, if necessary
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass drug, background, DOT & MVR screenings
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Link to: https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify
14400 The Lakes Boulevard,