You are an environmental professional who has experience on pipeline construction projects. As an Senior Environmental Coordinator you will be an integral part of the Project Environmental Management Team.
You will provide advice and recommendations to the Project Environmental Manager regarding potential environmental risk and solutions for risk mitigation. You will identify and manage the environmental aspects associated with the pipeline project providing environmental expertise and advice to the construction execution team and be an environmental subject matter expert providing support and guidance to the project construction activities.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team in Kitimat, BC!
- Supports the development of project specific documents including environmental management plans, waste management plans and watercourse crossing plans.
- Performs environmental assessments of project construction activities to verify compliance with approved project processes and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Develops and implements appropriate environmental mitigation measures as required.
- Generates reporting and record keeping adhering to regulatory compliance as required
- Plans and oversees various aspects of water management, including erosion and sediment control and watercourse crossings.
- Supports environmental incident preparedness, including training, response and reporting
- Maintains a full understanding of the environmental requirements, including necessary permits and authorizations, applicable legal requirements, Best Management Practices, and the requirements contained in the Project documents.
- Works with and supports the construction group to ensure implementation and compliance with the project environmental requirements
- 10 years of combined education and experience in the delivery/management of an environmental compliance program.
- Experience working on pipeline construction projects highly regarded.
- Must be familiar with relevant BC regulations.
- Post-secondary education focused on environmental disciplines preferred.
- Experience planning and monitoring watercourse crossing including remediation would be an asset
- Knowledge of environmental sampling including soil, water, and waste would be an asset
- Experience in managing spill response activities including planning, training and response would be advantageous. Also experience with environmental incident investigation and management would be useful.
- Waste management experience would be an advantage including domestic, hazardous, and drilling waste streams
- Excellent writing, technical and organizational skills.
- Background in developing, monitoring, and auditing environmental practices and performance would be an asset
- Working knowledge of relevant environmental legislation, standards, and effective industry practices is required
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities would be an asset
- Must possess a valid drivers license with clean abstract
- Site based position
- Camp Accommodation
- Rotational shift
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Sep 29, 2022
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada