As the Senior Design Manager, you will be responsible for providing management and oversight for design requirements including complex P3, design-build, and light industrial construction projects from pursuit through execution. Working closely with the Project Director, Construction Manager, and Pre-Construction Manager you will take a leadership role in the design management, design schedules, compliance requirements, and input in the development of subcontract packages, risk mitigation log, and value analysis.
Join our Ledcor Building team in Vancouver, BC
- Participate in all phases of P3 project pursuit including RFQ, RFP and project execution, and lead design development meetings with internal and external stakeholders throughout the RFP and execution phases.
- Coordinates and integrates the activities of external design consultants, including assisting with the scope and fees of consultant contracts.
- Identifies design and engineering constraints, assesses design alternatives, and makes recommendations to enable effective cost-effective design solutions.
- Determines defines and monitors design schedules and deliverables, including development permit, phased building permit and tender packages
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets
- Participates in the analysis of bids, negotiations and awarding of contracts with subcontractors and suppliers
- Assists in the management of change control during design development and construction document phases
- Collaborates with Project Director, preconstruction team, Building Informational Modelling (BIM) specialist and other project members to review and evaluate best systems, materials and methods
- Facilitates the project design considerations of the Project Quality Program
- 15+ years’ experience managing the design management process from inception to project handover on large complex projects
- Previous P3 and Design-build experience
- Completed post-secondary education in Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering, or related discipline. Experience bidding relevant Design-Build and P3 projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, costs, budgets and current construction practices and methodology
- Proficient with MS Office; understanding of building codes, LEED and CSA standards
- Strong negotiation skills: the ability to influence and persuade others to reach a consensus
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Office-based position or site assignment on larger projects
- Some travel will be required to project sites and/or office locations
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Oct 2, 2022
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada