As a Field Engineer working on this high-profile project, you will play a key role in executing a diverse range of outside plant construction scopes. You are an experienced Field Engineer, under moderate guidance, provides technical and logistical support to project management and operations staff to implement project and divisional management plans to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package, ongoing employee training and development, team building and career growth opportunities.
- Complete daily visits to job sites to ensure safety, quality, and production of construction scopes required for OSP key deliverables (site activations, continuity confirmation, equipment installation and setup, troubleshooting and repair)
- Performs general administrative and record keeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; tracking of project milestones, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications.
- Supports the (sub) contract management process: tender and award work or material supply; review and process invoices and progress claims, and assistance with the review of documents and inquiries.
- Assists with the change order process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval. Administers the change management process accordingly.
- Facilitates the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; assistance with the creation of the project schedule; inputs and updates schedule throughout the project and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent.
- Assists the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binders.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment.
- Organizes project close-out by preparing warranty package and requirements; collecting warranties and O&M manuals; creating turnover documents and archiving documentation.
- May perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of or Completing a degree or diploma in Construction Management, Engineering or a related discipline
- 0-2 years of previous work experience on OSP projects is an asset
- Exposure to permitting will be highly regarded
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel and scheduling software.
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Knowledge of General construction processes: project set up; subcontract management; change orders; RFIs (request for information); lien holdbacks; closeout.
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presents information clearly in an appropriate style and persuades others in straightforward situations.
- Willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas.
Sep 12, 2022
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
14400 The Lakes Boulevard, Pflugerville, TX, United States