You're a Designer responsible for detailed design of OSP elements (aerial and/or underground) and fiber designs of telecommunication networks. You'll be an integral part of the engineering team and will design networks using a variety of tools, ensuring constructability issues are incorporated into the network designs.
Join our Design & Engineering Team in Western Canada, including remote work locations. Apply today!
- Perform layout and design of fiber optic and copper outside plant networks
- Support projects such as FTTH deployments, road moves, relocations, hardened structure build, wireless deployments, fiber-to-the-suite, greenfield residential and commercial developments
- Manage day-to-day growth and sustainment of existing telecommunications networks (road relocations, infrastructure adds/moves/changes).
- Experience in aerial and underground telecommunications design and construction practices
- Work under supervision of a senior designer to complete complex projects.
- Perform quality control and field checks of construction and inspections
- Reading and interpreting outside plant records (data, maps, fiber network designs)
- Maintain knowledge of current OSP design principles and industry standards, and perform in compliance with updated Safety Codes, Electric Codes, customer practices and procedures
- Conduct site walk for data collection of all surface features and underground utility data necessary to support the preparation of the construction drawings that are complete and suitable for construction
- Perform system design, create BOM and provide construction quotes for requested projects
- Collaborating with team members from other divisions to overcome project challenges and issues
- Following company standards and procedures related to Health & Safety while performing assigned job duties
- Ensuring schedule deadlines are adhered to and project deliverables are maintained
- 0-2 years' experience working within telecommunications OSP fiber design, copper design or RF plant design is an asset
- Graduate from a technical college program preferably in civil, electrical/telecommunications, GIS or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of GPON, Copper and Fibre distribution standards and architectures.
- Organized and self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills, experience with AutoCAD, ESRI/ArcGIS, Spatial Net would be an asset
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment requirements
- Travelling and working on site as required
Sep 12, 2022
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
., Chicago, IL, United States