You are an Estimator looking to gain experience in the construction industry. In this role, you will perform quantity take offs, cost analysis and competitive bid management while utilizing current estimating software. You will prepare lump sum, unit rate and cost plus estimates for a broad range of projects. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Join our Ledcor team today!
- Interfaces and communicates effectively (written and oral) with the estimating team, with all levels of management, clients and industry contacts.
- Shares expertise with the estimating team in an ongoing effort to develop, recommend revisions and implement procedures, standards, rules and regulations.
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures in relation to estimating.
- Analyzes plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare bid estimates for projects, performs complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, pricing, and presentation of the estimate for management review.
- Contacts trades and suppliers regarding invitations, pricing, addenda and tender/bid closings.
- Produces quantity take-offs for the specified disciplines while ensuring the take-off is well notated for hand-over to the project team and includes safety and security requirements required by Ledcor policies and applicable legislation.
- Applies knowledge and skills through the handling of complex problems and shares expertise with the estimating team in an ongoing effort to develop, recommend revisions and implement procedures, standards, rules and regulations.
- Prepares conceptual estimates by interpreting historical data.
- Researches and analyzes cost data for review and presentation to management.
- Completion of or completing a post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Estimating, Engineering or a related field.
- 0-2 years of related estimating experience.
- Knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques and equipment.
- An understanding of construction documents and the ability to assess the level of completeness.
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets, ability to develop a project schedule.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office, Bluebeam, InEight Estimate, Primavera P6, and related software is an asset.
- Ability to work in a team environment and willing to promote teamwork by motivating, coaching and guiding others.
Sep 12, 2022
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
14400 The Lakes Boulevard, Pflugerville, TX, United States