You are an experienced Superintendent with an expertise in the telecommunication wireless and construction industries. You are responsible for Distributed Antenna Systems, Small Cell and Tower field operations throughout BC, ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget. As the Superintendent, you will also be implementing project plans and schedules, while ensuring safety and quality control. Throughout the project, you will be responsible for delegating work to field staff, contractors and trades people.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package, ongoing employee training and development, team building and career growth opportunities. Join our Technical Services team in Port Moody, British Columbia today!
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S / OSHA Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications and design drawings while making certain that high quality standards are maintained
- Field Superintendent for inbuilding, rooftop and tower work on wireless communications systems throughout BC
- Travel to remote communities to oversee construction, coordinate with local stakeholders, and ensure work is being completed safely and to mitigate environmental impact.
- Develops, maintains, and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met
- Conducts site meets with the City and land/building owners
- Reviews workload with management, completes WIP reports, and schedules crews on an ongoing basis
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities and ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Assumes a leadership role and provides guidance to project team members (i.e. assisting foreman with unforeseen obstacles, training foreman on billing procedures, and working with project coordinators to ensure proper updates are being sent to the customer)
- Supervises sub-contractors to achieve all required project deliverables
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the projects ongoing progression
- Oversees project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information
- 5+ years Experience within the Telecommunications and Construction industries is an asset. Prior knowledge and experience within the Wireless Industry would be preferential
- Experience installing Telus, BCHydro, Rogers, Bell, or Freedom equipment
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with fibre optic cable and wireless equipment
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Knowledge of various pieces of construction equipment and their operating capabilities
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Strong knowledge of construction documents (including utility plans, building designs and maps), contracts, costs, and budgets
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpreting their needs and identifying solutions
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Facilitation and mentoring skills; is able to move the team forward and resolve conflict situations as they arise
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus-building
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs; intermediate to advanced user of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Clean drivers abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
- Site based position
- Travel to various sites is required
- This role requires working outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Sep 20, 2022
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada