You are an experienced and highly organized administrator with a background in tasks related to employee onboarding and payroll. In this role, you will be responsible for the day to day coordination of employee paperwork and documentation at site. Working collaboratively with site personnel and corporate Human Resources, you will also facilitate safety orientations, interviewing, and crew scheduling.
Based at Ledcor’s LTS facility in Milton, ON, this role is an excellent opportunity to grow and develop your career.
- Act as the first point of contact for questions and concerns from hourly employees, and serve as an information hub for requests and updates on employee status
- Provide administrative support to the Operations Manager
- Coordinate all hiring requests initiated from site management, and ensure timely communication of requests and requirements to Recruitment
- Coordinate prescreens and interviews with on-site candidates, and conduct references as required
- Ensure timely completion of new hire documentation and on-site employee training and safety orientations to ensure effective on-boarding
- Direct any on-site employee relations inquiries to the Human Resources or Industrial Relations group to ensure that employee issues are dealt with promptly and effectively
- Maintain daily labour reporting in spreadsheets and run weekly labour reports as required
- Assist in the coordination of employee payroll, and manage independent contractor invoices
- Coordinate the circulation and implementation of changes to operating practices as required Participate in regular and ongoing operational training
- Manage ad hoc projects to support site operations as required
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of experience in an administrative or coordination role, ideally with exposure to payroll, crew scheduling, or other employee matters
- Must have data entry experience
- Industry experience would be considered an asset
- Completion of some post-secondary coursework in Business Administration and/or Human Resources would be an asset
- Level 2 Safety certification preferred
- Strong MS Office\Excel skills are mandatory
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to collaborate with operations team members
- Conflict management skills
- Must possess tact, diplomacy and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work with minimum supervision
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Oct 11, 2022
7105 Auburn Road, Milton, ON, Canada