You are a MxU Build Technician who installs fibre optic cabling infrastructure in multiplexed units. You complete fibre infrastructure installations in multiplexed building, providing exceptional customer service and quality work. You enjoy working with technology and leading a team. You are able to work without supervision as well as in a crew.
To be a part of the Ledcor Team means more than just a job, it means being a-part of a family of supportive teammates, mentors and managers who are committed to being better every single day.
- Install Fibre Optic cabling and associated infrastructure into multi-tenant buildings
- Drive to and from customer locations in order to complete your work
- Performing installation of wiring in commercial and/or mixed-use buildings; Fibre, Coax, CAT 5 and CAT 6
- Trains and leads new workers on day to day work practices and procedures
- Complete structured wiring, utilizing a variety of wiring technologies
- Install Raceways, Distribution hubs etc.
- Fusion splice fibre cable where necessary
- Test fibre cables with light meters to ensure acceptable path and attenuation
- Interact with customers, tenants, and landlords in a professional and courteous manner to ensure work completed
- Troubleshoot technical issues during the installation
- Utilize handheld tools
- Follow direction of supervisors and team leads
- Work both indoors and outdoors as necessary to complete the work
- Ensure vehicle (if assigned one), test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- Adhering to company safety working practices
- Previous experience working in construction, civil construction or landscaping is an asset
- Capable of using power tools for drilling purposes
- Experience working with Fibre optics and splicing is an asset
- A strong technical aptitude
- Ability to manage a physically demanding position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, working at heights and in confined spaces
- Must be computer savvy, able to handle multiple computer applications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Maintain a valid provincial driver’s license (Class 5) and must provide a driver’s abstract annually.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
- Ability to travel to work locations that change on a regular basis, on a job by job basis
- Working on own and as part of a team/crew
- Working inside and outside when necessary
- Travel to project locations in BC
Sep 21, 2022
100 Newport Drive, Port Moody, BC, Canada