We are seeking New Grad Project Coordinators to join our Ledcor team in Fort McMurray, AB or other camp-based work in Western Canada. The Project Coordinator, under the direction and guidance of the team, provides technical and/or management support and assists operations staff to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Support and maintain systems and procedures at project start-up including: job site trailer/office set up and master filing system; assist with the setup of project billings and the cost accounting system; create and maintain the project directory
- Perform recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications
- Support the subcontract management process throughout the duration of the project
- Coordinate, distribute and maintain request for information (RFI) processes, logs and binders
- Facilitate the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; assist with the creation of the project schedule; input and update schedule throughout the project and review with Project Manager/Superintendent
- Follow up with supervision to facilitate the review and distribution of drawings, logs and transmittals
- Prepare purchase requisitions for approval and assist with procurement of materials and equipment
- Organize project close-out including creating turnover documents and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation
- Promote the overall Ledcor site safety program
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly project control and reporting requirements as required
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Completion of a Degree or Diploma in Engineering
- Open to travel for project work on sites across Western Canada including shift, camp and outdoor work.
- Can build relationships, team orientated, personable, confident, able to influence key stakeholders and proactively participate in discussions
- Up to 2 years related work experience is an asset but not required (co-op/internships will be considered)
- Strong written and communication skills
- Able to read and understand construction documents
- Strong technical skills including experience with MS Word, Excel
- Ability to solve problems based on clearly defined procedures
- Work Schedule: variable based on project, office, shift and camp schedules
- Travel: Travel to various sites and locations including relocation will be required
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Oct 7, 2022
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort McMurray, AB, Canada