You are an experienced Area Manager who leads a group of field-based technicians and compliments your flexible workforce with contract partnerships. You utilize your experience to enhance overall deliverables, utilization, and day-to-day performance of your team of field technicians, build business by quoting small and medium projects, and responding to customer requests in a timely manner, and ensuring fiscal responsibility across your area. You believe in a first-class approach to customer service and exceeding client expectations. Your day-to-day duties include working with your field team on deliverables including systems and updates compliance, work coverage, and safety; site visits for quote work or project scope review, delegation of work to field staff and contractors ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Owns the customer experience and ensures service commitments are met
- Contributes to quote submissions for new projects including site surveys and 3rd party quote requests
- Create and manage purchase orders for projects
- Monitors and analyzes reports pertaining to utilization, systems compliance, fleet usage to improve overall performance
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with all clients developing and growing existing clients
- Assures billing is completed with appropriate team
- Leads and manages employees and contractors ensuring ongoing communication, performance management, training and development
- Assess staffing needs as needed based on utilization
- Maintains a culture of continuous improvement
- Cultivates Ledcor’s safety culture
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience within the telecommunications industry, with 2 years recent manager/leadership experience
- Proven experience managing daily operations and financial performance
- Capability to work productively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Exceptional organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of MS Office with significant experience working in Excel
- Displays active listening skills, emotional awareness under challenging situations, and empathizes with customers to enhance an overall positive experience.
- The person who holds this position will be required to not only work within a team but is responsible for establishing and nurturing a team environment that facilitates smooth job delivery.
- The ability to solve problems and make concise and informed decisions is essential.
- A collaborative and confident personality will assist in facilitating your ability to interact with all key personnel thereby ensuring the effective delivery of contract requirements.
- 25% - 50% travel will be required monthly
- Required to work non-traditional work hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as determined by business demands on an emergency basis
- Supporting technicians operating Monday to Friday and on call 24/7
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Successful completion of pre-employment screenings including background and drug & alcohol
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 51 pounds), working at heights (15 to 25 feet above the ground), in confined spaces (attics and crawl spaces), and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Oct 17, 2022
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada