The Project Coordinator, working independently or with minimal guidance, provides technical and/or management support for construction projects, including submittals, reporting, safety and quality control, and assists operations staff to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
The project is a residential tower with a 24-month schedule.
Join the Ledcor Building team in Winnipeg.
- Promotes a culture of health, safety and environmental protection on the project by taking an active role in the implementation of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to achieve compliance with Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes.
- Coordinates and administers the Project Quality Plan with the Quality team
- Implements and maintains project start-up systems and procedures including job site trailer, master filing system, project billings, cost accounting system, and project directory.
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes; and maintenance of files, logs, drawings, specifications, submittals, and RFIs including submissions to the consultants.
- Supports the (sub) contract management/procurement process through tendering and awarding work or supply materials, assisting with the review, processing invoices and progress claims, and assisting with the review of documents and inquiries.
- Coordinates the change order management process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data for project manager review, submitting change requests for approval, and following through with (sub) contract change orders/purchase orders as directed.
- Facilitates the tracking of project milestones, assists with the creation and maintenance of the project schedule, and inputs and updates the baseline schedule with the project team.
- Prepares for project close out by collecting warranties, O&M manuals, and occupancy documents; creating turnover documents; and demobilizing the site.
- Mentors project team members to contribute to their development and career growth.
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor’s Construction Operations Manual.
- 5+ years of related work experience or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset.
- Multi-family residential over 5-story experience is an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, and specifications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current construction practices, Manitoba construction regulations and methodology.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, anticipate stakeholder needs, and proactively identify solutions.
- Capable of identifying constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions for construction plans and schedule.
- Ability to motivate, coach, and guide other team members.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong computer skills with an aptitude for learning new programs including BlueBeam, MS Project, and JDE. Familiarity with project management information system software.
- LEED and sustainability knowledge assets.
- Site or office-based position
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Nov 3, 2022
1340 Chevrier Blvd., Winnipeg, MB, Canada