As an experienced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who holds an M or E license, you’re looking for the next step in your career! As the AME Crew Chief in Edmonton, AB you will be responsible for providing direction and supervision to AMEs and Apprentices to ensure the maintenance crew performs activities as planned in conjunction with the Maintenance Controller.
Working with Summit Air, safety is the top priority, and the perks are endless!
Joining our team means:
- Stability in knowing you have long term employment and growth opportunities
- A competitive wage so you can comfortably provide for your family
- Health & Dental Benefits that start the day you do and RRSP matching, so you and your family feel secure in the future
Click the link below to see what it’s like to work with our team:
Interested? Apply today to join our team in Edmonton, AB.
- Plans, directs and oversees activities of the maintenance crew ensuring compliance with all safety regulations and practices whilst leading the team to promote and facilitate a safe and respectful working environment
- Leads and mentors’ apprentices and mechanics including conducting regular performance reviews and ensures all maintenance alerts and memos are read, understood and complied with.
- Communicates and liaises with the maintenance, flight crew and dispatch teams, as required.
- Performs all maintenance activities in accordance with the applicable standards of airworthiness and ensures all paperwork for assigned tasks is complete and accurate before handing back to Crew Chief.
- Identifies possible Service Difficulty Report (SDR) situations and reports to Maintenance Controller.
- Troubleshoots faulty systems to determine a course of rectification and conducts hangar clean-up.
- Carries out the applicable maintenance release of an aircraft as authorized to do so by their individual Aircraft Certification Authority (ACA).
- Travels with an aircraft and apprentice / mechanic if it is assigned away from base for an extended period of time, as required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a licensed AME, preferably with previous, proven supervisory experience working with larger aircraft
- Possess Transport Canada AME M or E license or a combination of the two and the ability to hold ACA
- Hold necessary endorsements for the type of aircraft on which crews will be expected to work.
- Previous experience working on ATR42/72, DHC-8, BAE146 or RJ85/100 aircraft would be an asset
- Ability to direct and supervise the work of and provide practical training to AME’s, including foster apprentices towards successfully attaining an AME license
- Attention to detail with the proven ability to prioritize and multi-task with excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Proven observational, decision-making and time management skills, including efficient computer abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to foster a positive and goal-oriented working culture
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
Summit Air, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at www.flysummitair.com
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Nov 10, 2022
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada