We are seeking a Project Coordinator to join our Ledcor team in Edson, AB. The Project Coordinator role works under the direction and guidance of the team, provides management support and assists operations staff to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
The intent of this role is to develop future front-line supervisors capable of leading, supervising and managing field-based crews in a variety of highway maintenance and construction activities.
In this role, the successful applicant will be exposed to and gain experience in all aspects of highway maintenance operations including quality management, estimating, contract administration, financial responsibilities, equipment operation and maintenance, crew, project and activity management This role involves some travel within Alberta and will provide applicants an opportunity to build their career with one of Alberta’s oldest and most respected employers. This role is ideally suited to someone interested to develop hands on project skills at the site level and on the ground within the highway maintenance and construction field with a goal of developing as successful front-line supervisors.
Join Ledcor's Highways Maintenance team!
- Performing work in a safe and efficient manner and proactively participating and encouraging a positive safety culture
- Learn about the technical, operational and managerial aspects of Highway Maintenance and contribute to the success of the team
- Perform quality inspections and audits on field conditions as well as quality records
- Assist with the review of client feedback and preparation of responses to client technical inquiries
- Assist with data analyses, including; winter storm response, highway maintenance patrols, road surfacing works, culvert and drainage works, vegetation control, and others operational measures
- Perform quality control testing using industry standards to confirm the quality of the material tested
- Compile test results, compare with contract standards and specifications, and present to the project stakeholders for appropriate actions.
- Coordinate and maintain project quality documents, including completing quality related field inspections
- Maintain test and inspection instruments to ensure equipment is accurately calibrated and within tolerances
- Support the subcontractor management process throughout the duration of the project
- Prepare purchase requisitions for approval and assist with procurement of materials and equipment
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly project controls and reporting requirements
- Participate and develop skills in project estimating
- Participate and develop leadership, supervisory and management skills for the delivery of highway maintenance projects and activities
- Gain skills, knowledge and competency to advance to increasing supervisory responsibilities within Ledcor Highways Maintenance
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 1-2 years related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience is an asset
- Can build relationships, team orientated, personable, confident, able to influence key stakeholders and proactively participate in discussions
- Knowledge of office processes: subcontract management; change orders; RFIs (request for information); purchase orders
- Strong written and communication skills
- Able to read and understand construction documents
- Strong technical skills including experience with MS Word, Excel, and scheduling software. Previous exposure working with Government Clients (AT, Municipalities, etc.) would be an asset
- Fit for lifting of material samples up to 20 kilograms to a height of 3 feet
- Ability to solve problems based on clearly defined procedures
- Work Schedule: Typically, Monday to Friday
- Travel: Role is in Edson based with some travels to other sites expected
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Nov 10, 2022
5204 58 Street, Whitecourt, AB, Canada