You are a Field Operations Technician with proven experience maintaining telecommunication systems. Utilizing your experience, you will perform installation and repair while maintaining telecommunication systems as well as accurately locate underground facilities including fiber optic lines.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Winnipeg, MB today!
- Deliver exceptional customer service and high quality installation and repair
- Test, install, troubleshoot and repair advanced services
- Complete customer orders dispatched on a daily basis in a defined geographical area
- Interpret job order tickets
- Read blueprints and maps
- Operate testing equipment to pinpoint the location of underground telecommunication utilities
- Identify and mark the location of underground facilities
- 2-3 years of experience in a Telecommunications technician role is ideal
- Strong networking skills including routers, modems and testing
- A Self-starter who is highly motivated and is able to think on their feet and ask the right questions at the right time.
- Self-Motivated, ability to prioritize and organize workloads with little direction
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Team player with both excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be computer savvy, able to handle multiple computer applications
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and a clean driver's abstract
- Ensure vehicle, test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
- 24/7 on-call, including some mandatory overtime and weekend and holiday work when necessary.
- Travel may be required
- Work environments include different types of terrain (grass, gravel, ditches, etc.) in and around construction zones and residential, commercial, industrial and rural areas
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Nov 14, 2022
1340 Chevrier Blvd., Winnipeg, MB, Canada