Job Description Summary
You are a Lineperson who is responsible for the daily planning and execution of aerial construction. You will be working from lifts and bucket trucks where you ensure that fiber cable is properly installed and secured to engineering specifications and industry standards. Your developed ability to provide guidance to the other members on your immediate team, will help you achieve construction goals while simultaneously meeting the essential Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
Take your career to new heights! Join our Technical Services team as an Aerial Lineperson today!
We are willing to train candidates new to the industry. This position will be traveling around the country (GA, AL, MS, KY, IL, OH, TN) Per diem available!
- Safely operate bucket trucks and/or other types of lifts
- Install strand and applicable hardware
- Properly set span up for cable placement with the use of cable rollers
- Place fiber optic & coax cables
- Utilize standard telecommunications tools
- Set up and utilize single or double lashing tool
- Set up and operate cable pulling equipment
- Track and communicate daily production and materials
- Oversee and coordinate logistics and crew assignments
- Train and lead new workers on day-to-day work practices and procedures
- Less than 1 year of experience directly related experience, working as an Aerial Lineperson, or telecom Laborer
- Willing to Train candidates new to this industry
- Ability to climb utility poles using climbing spikes and rigging, and experience operating and performing work in a bucket truck and/or other types of lifts
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification or education program
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to related construction processes
- Proficient in new build and pole transfers; knowledge in building strand, lashing, pole transfers & grounding
- Solid understanding of current construction practices and proficient knowledge of construction documents
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders’ needs, and identify solutions
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks as needed; must be capable to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Experience working with little supervision, while adding to a safe and positive team environment is a must; follows safety policies and procedures and wears the required personal protective equipment required for the job
- Comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet) and able to perform work on uneven surfaces; experienced with climbing ladders, on/off equipment and work from various heights
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver's license (CDL preferred), appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven, and a clear driver’s abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements and background check
- Ability to travel as much as required
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Link to: https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify