As the PowerBI specialist this role will be responsible for administering, supporting, and developing Power BI as a business-focused, data visualization platform, along with related technology services. You will contribute your expert knowledge of data-orientated solution design, adopting Power BI usage patterns at enterprise scale, Power BI platform / M365 tenant configuration, and development of Power BI artifacts such as apps, reports and dataflows as requested by our businesses.
You will also be responsible for helping to define best practices and usage recommendations; supporting customer requests and issues; advising on solution architecture and service / product roadmaps; and growth and adoption of the overall low code platform at Ledcor.
This role is a member of the Collaboration Services team which is responsible for the delivery of the corporate intranet, modern workplace platform, and low code platform at Ledcor. This role will contribute an expert skillset in one of these areas, while contributing general knowledge and capability in delivering cross-discipline capacity and support to the others.
This position can be based out of British Columbia or Alberta and is a work from home position. Come join our True Blue team today by applying through the posting.
- Contributing to initiatives, projects, enhancements, and defects involving the collaboration platforms and services supported by the team
- Developing solutions to improve business processes and workloads that are supported by the collaboration platforms
- Providing consultation and discovery services to end-users, with a focus on identifying how the collaboration platforms can help them solve business challenges
- Providing Tier 2/3 support and education to end-users and business stakeholders
- Providing support and assistance to internal team members to ensure the successful completion and flow of work
- Administering, monitoring, and configuring supported platforms and services to ensure reliability, affordability, agility, and security
- Assists in the definition of objectives and initiatives for the supported platforms, including architecture and planning
- Explores new solutions and technologies by key vendors / partners. Engages in training and learning opportunities that contribute to team success
- Identifies and establishes continuous improvement opportunities for the team, including contributing to team objective setting
- 5+ years’ experience with data visualization / reporting technologies (minimum of 3+ years with PowerBI
- Proven experience in software development or related technology industries
- 5+ years’ experience with Microsoft 365 and Azure services
- Expert-level skills with Power BI and related technologies
- Advanced-level skills with Power Platform and SharePoint Online
- Advanced-level skills in administering organizational solutions and platforms
- Intermediate-level skills in PowerShell scripting
- Strong knowledge of UI / UX and SDLC / DevOps
- Skilled in client requirements gathering, process analysis and testing
- Skilled in analytical thinking and communication
- Ability to develop high quality documentation and provide user training
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work independently
- Occasional event-related travel may be required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Nov 16, 2022
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada